The Monegasque Anti-Doping Committee
Equipped with legal personality and having its own budget, the Monegasque Anti-Doping Committee is a private law body charged with a mission of general interest. It is the National Organization for the Fight against Doping (NADO) recognized as such, in particular, by Monegasque regulations and by the World Anti-Doping Agency through the World Anti-Doping Code of which it is a signatory.
- establish an effective and proportionate control program;
- proceed to control of athletes from Monaco or living in the Principality, both in and out of competition as well as athletes of any nationality competing in Monaco. To this end, it carries out checks during national sports competitions or events, during international sports competitions or events taking place in the Principality with the agreement of the competent international body or, failing that, the World Anti-Doping Agency and during training periods for these events. He can also order controls outside the competitions;
- issue authorizations for use for therapeutic purposes;
- to investigate, establish and sanction doping facts and anti-doping rule violations;
- conduct anti-doping education programs;
- participate in health monitoring against doping;
- participate in the development of regulatory or legislative texts relating to doping;
- ensure international legal monitoring in doping matters;
- cooperate with foreign national anti-doping organizations and with the IOC, IPC, WADA, international federations signatories to the World Anti-Doping Code and organizations responsible for major international sporting events signatories to this same code.